SEASON 5 OF NBA 2K LEAGUE BEGINS WITH ‘THE TIPOFF’ POWERED BY AT&T FROM APRIL 5-8
THIS SEASON FOCUSES ON TOURNAMENT PLAY WHILE PLAYOFFS AND FINALS REMAIN KEY COMPONENT OF LEAGUE’S 5V5 COMPETITION
CRYPTO.COM NAMED AS 76ERS GC OFFICIAL JERSEY PATCH PARTNER
PHILADELPHIA — APRIL 4, 2022 — 76ers Gaming Club (GC), the NBA 2K League team of the Harris Blitzer Sports and Entertainment (HBSE) portfolio, announced today it will kick off its 2022 NBA 2K League season against Heat Check Gaming in The TIPOFF Powered by AT&T on Tuesday, April 5 at 9 p.m. ET. This will be followed by games against Celtics Crossover Gaming (Thursday, April 7), Wizards District Gaming (Friday, April 8) and Hawks Talon GC (Wednesday, April 13), before concluding with Gen.G Tigers of Shanghai on Thursday, April 14.
In a pivot from previous seasons, this 2K season will focus on tournament play (including qualifying events for tournaments), with the season running through Wednesday, Aug. 24.
However, THE BANNER CHAIN Powered by AT&T (THE TIPOFF, THE TURN AND THE TICKET) and the NBA 2K League Playoffs and Finals will continue as the key components of the League’s standard 5v5 competition.
“Much like last season, as a team we have high expectations as we gear up to tip off Season 5,” said 76ers GC Head Coach Jeff Terrell. “Coming out of last season and the 2022 Draft, we are looking forward to competing with our roster. With talent up and down our lineup we have our sights set on bringing a title to Philadelphia.”
This season, 76ers GC, along with five other teams will be living in and competing out of Indianapolis with in-person competition taking place at the new NBA 2K League Studio at The Pavilion at Pan Am.
All 24 teams will compete in THE TIPOFF and THE TURN. The five top-performing teams from each conference at the end of the regular season will automatically qualify for the NBA2KL 5v5 Playoffs. The 14 remaining teams will compete in THE TICKET, with the winning teams from the two conferences earning the 11th and 12th spots in the playoffs.
The 2022 76ers GC roster is comprised of:
- #4 Reid “Reizey” Hill (Twitter: @Reizey)
- #8 Andre “Dre” Marshall (Twitter: @HoodieDre_)
- #35 Yusuf “Yusuf” Scarbz (Twitter: @YScarbz)
- #39 Elijah “UnderRatedGoat” Spears (Twitter: @UnderRatedGoat_)
- #2 Danny “DT” Tlais (Twitter: @DTeeLace)
76ers GC enters the 2022 season with a roster of corporate partners behind them, including: Rothman Orthopaedics: Official Orthopaedics Partner of 76ers GC, Snipes USA, Herr’s, Zipchair, Molson Coors and Crypto.com: The Official Jersey Patch of 76ers GC.
Below is a list of the 2022 NBA 2K League competition schedule:
• April 5 – 8 THE TIPOFF Group Play (Remote)
• April 12 – 15 THE TIPOFF Group Play (Remote)
• April 20 – 23 THE TIPOFF Bracket Play (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)
• April 26 – 29 SLAM OPEN Group Play (Remote)
• April 27 – 30 STEAL OPEN Amateur Europe Qualifying Event (Remote)
• May 3 – 6 SLAM OPEN Group Play (Remote)
• May 4 – 7 STEAL OPEN Amateur APAC Qualifying Event (Remote)
• May 11 – 14 SLAM OPEN Bracket Play (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)
• May 18 – 21 SWITCH OPEN Amateur North America Qualifying Event (Remote)
• May 25 – 28 SWITCH OPEN Amateur North America Qualifying Event (Remote)
• May 24 – 27 THE TURN Group Play (Remote)
• May 31 – June 3 THE TURN Group Play (Remote)
• June 8 – 11 THE TURN Bracket Play (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)
• June 14 – 17 SWITCH OPEN Group Play (Remote)
• June 21 – 24 SWITCH OPEN Group Play (Remote)
• June 29 – July 2 SWITCH OPEN Bracket Play (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)
• July 5 – 8 5v5 Seed Weeks (Remote)
• July 12 – 15 5v5 Seed Weeks (Remote)
• July 19 – 22 3v3 Seed Weeks (Remote)
• July 26 – July 29 3v3 Seed Weeks (Remote)
• August 1 – 7 League-Wide Bye Week
• August 10 – 11 STEAL OPEN (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)
• August 12 – 13 THE TICKET (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)
• August 17 – 20 NBA2KL 3v3 Playoffs and Finals (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)
• August 24 – 27 NBA2KL 5v5 Playoffs and Finals (NBA 2K League Studio, Indianapolis)